Hydrotherapy treatments for children
The Avène Hydrotherapy Centre: also a haven for children !
Avene Center offers special treatments in the form of gentle and adapted therapies for your child.
Why coming to Avene
hydrotherapy center ?
Eczema, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, ichthyosis, scars and burns, are the main issues.
At the end of the hydrotherapy treatment
- From the very first treatments, Avène thermal spring water produces its soothing, anti-irritant and antipruritic effects on chronic dermatoses. Once the treatment has concluded very significant improvements are seen in both children and adults.
- A study conducted over eight seasons on over 10,000 patients suffering from atopic dermatitis, 30% of them children, demonstrated the benefits of the hydrotherapy treatments with a reduction of more than 41.6% in the clinical scores (measured by SCORAD - SCORing Atopic Dermatitis).
Subsequently (in the following months)
- An improvement of the children's quality of life was also demonstrated with improved sleep, less scratching, better acceptance of skin care and more participation in everyday activities appropriate to their age.
Preparing for the hydrotherapy treatment and organization
Did you know?
Your treatment could be covered by health insurance.
Ask your primary care doctor to prescribe it to you.
Children must be accompanied by an adult during the stay.
You can also download the registration form
Hydrotherapy treatments are suitable for babies and children
The treatments included in your child's treatment programmes reflect their age, the condition, and the location of the lesions.
Supported by a multidisciplinary team (hydro-therapists, nurses, physiotherapists, doctors), you will accompany your child throughout the treatment programme
(one adult per child per session is recommended).
The daily programme for your child will take 90 minutes. It is made up of a maximum of 4 treatments from among :
- Simple baths (for babies) or aero-hydromassage baths for children
- All-over showers, all-over sprays (children)
- Localized spray treatments for the face, hands or scalp (children)
- Local applications of thermal water compresses (babies and children)
- Under water massages (children)
- Filiform showers (children)
Learning to manage your child’s skin day to day
Medical lectures by dermatologists are offered each week for parents, providing information about the condition and treatments.
Through age-appropriate workshops, you will accompany your child, be able to make the most of your stay and together learn how to best handle the condition day to day.
Conferences and Workshops
Talks presented by dermatologists
You will find many practical tips for taking care of your child's skin : The right way for gently washing, a method of applying emollient creams to moisturize the skin can become a really pleasurable time.
Come and learn
From an early age, tips and tricks for avoiding scratching without blaming the child or family.
- Hygiene and Hydration
- Applying emollients
- Alternatives to Scratching
- Creation of the anti'scratching box
- Medical makeup for teens and preteens
Activities for younger and older children
Children aged 3 to 12 are welcomed by professionals and state qualified activity leaders at the kids’ club “les Mûriers” where a range of activities are proposed every day.
Activities service close to the Centre
What they’re saying about it :
Our patients views
Thanks Avène for having taking care of my 2 years old brother. We can now play easily together with my brother Amin. I'm pleased to see him going well.
Jasmine, 10 years in 2019